File Technician (file mechanics)
We are currently not hiring but are always accepting resumes for the following position.
The best file preparers are also keen project managers with the ability to communicate well with others, including clients, vendors and other team members throughout the file preparation lifecycle.
- This includes planning, record gathering, data input, tax return preparation and report generation phases.
- The ability to plan and understand the relationship of financial information and communicate these relationships to team members and clients.
- Applying proactive project management strategies to advance projects forward to completion is critical for success in this position.
File technician – level 1
For a professional services firm the successful candidate needs to have at least two years of experience working in a professional office setting, with the following skills:
- basic bookkeeping in preparing simple account reconciliations,
- Goods and Services Tax returns (GST),
- CaseWare file preparation process,
- Profile – tax preparation process,
- WCB, T4, T5 & T5018 return preparation,
- basic personal tax (slip and receipt returns),
- basic tax planning,
- project management software,
- solid knowledge of document management,
- working knowledge of Portable Document Form (PDF) software,
- strong set of organization and communication skills, and;
- a working knowledge of common bookkeeping programs.
Key Requirements and Expectations
- A willingness to learn.
- Communicate with clients in a friendly plain language manner.
- High performance in project planning and execution.
- Filing and retrieval of documents (paper and electronic).
- Working knowledge of common bookkeeping programs with the ability to learn new software as required.
- Preparation of GST returns with suitable support.
- Filing of government documents within appointed deadlines.
- Payroll and account reconciliation preparation in accordance with hard deadlines.
Knowledge of the following software and sites is considered an advantage: Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Quick Books, Profile, Adobe PDF, Infusionsoft, Caseware, and Management Standards, SAGE 50, Wave, PayPal, Telpay, Alberta Employment Standards, CRA website.